[aims-announce] SYMPOSIUM DSI: 7 MARCH 2019 Our digital society under attack? Let's make it secure!

a.sperotto at utwente.nl a.sperotto at utwente.nl
Fri Dec 21 14:43:26 CET 2018

Dear colleague,

On March 7 2019<x-apple-data-detectors://0>, The Digital Society Institute of the University of Twente will have its first symposium in a series of topics on digitalization. We will open the symposium series by looking at cybersecurity.

As the digitalization of society progresses and we increasingly become more dependent on our digital environments and infrastructures, we also become more vulnerable to attacks that were previously unknown to us. For this symposium, we look closer into the evolution of attacks and how we can possibly deal with them. Specifically, we will be discussing vulnerabilities in evolving systems such as the Internet, how we can assess their impact, and ways to detect and mitigate them. Due to the growing interconnection between our physical world with the digital world, we will also be looking at relevant non-technical aspects, including legal factors and the human involvement.

The symposium will take place during the afternoon, with a renowned keynote speaker, short expert talks, and an interactive panel. We target academics and professionals working in the field of cybersecurity from different perspectives, be they technical, social, legal, or ethical. Of course, there will be plenty of time for discussions and networking.

Want to know more? Let us know by registering your interest: https://www.utwente.nl/en/digital-society/cyber-security-symposium/