[aims-announce] Fully funded PhD positions in Constrained Networks and Embedded Sensing Systems @University of St. Gallen

Bruno Rodrigues rodrigues at ifi.uzh.ch
Fri Feb 23 15:11:35 CET 2024

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce three fully funded PhD positions within the
Embedded Sensing Group, hosted in newly founded ICV-HSG campus of the
University of St. Gallen (HSG), located in Dornbirn, Austria. We invite
applications from exceptional candidates willing to contribute to
cutting-edge research within a newly established and dynamic academic
environment. Successful candidates will work at the intersection of
resource-constrained networks, embedded sensing systems, and their
applications.

*We offer*:
-     A fully-funded position during the entire PhD at the ICV-HSG
campus, located in Dornbirn, Austria.
-     A competitive salary aligned with Austrian universities.
-     Support for commuting between the Dornbirn and St. Gallen campus.
-     Full support and guidance of your PhD journey.

*Qualifications*:
-     You have a good knowledge of programming languages C/C++ and
Python. Desirable: excellent if you have experience programming hardware
boards (MCUs).
-     You have an excellent networking knowledge. Desirable: ideal if
you have experience with protocols for constrained networks (e.g., LoRa,
CoAP, Zigbee, MQTT).
-     You have a good understanding of Linux-based and Real-time
Operating Systems (RTOS). Desirable: ideal if you already have
experience with low-level interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART).
-     You have an independent, structured way of working, and the
ability to independently manage your time.
-     You enjoy hands-on work and experimenting with real-world devices.

*Your tasks*:
-     You design and conduct research in the field of embedded sensors
and constrained sensor networks.
-     You link scientific findings with industry specific applications.
-     You support the group in knowledge transfer with industry in
applied projects.
-     You engage in teaching activities, including courses and
supervision of masters’ and bachelors’ theses.

*Application Process*:
Interested candidates are invited to contact Bruno Rodrigues via email
at bruno.rodrigues at unisg.ch
Please submit the following documents:
-     A cover letter providing details on your relevant skills as well
as your motivation for the advertised position.
-     Grade transcripts from your bachelor's and master's degrees.
-     One or two pieces of written work.

Feel free to contact per e-mail also in case of questions. We are
looking forward to dedicated and innovative individuals who are eager to
be part of groundbreaking research.

Best regards,
Bruno

---

/Assistant Professor for Embedded Sensing Systems/

/Institut für Computer Science in Vorarlberg, Universität St.Gallen
(ICV-HSG) /

/Hintere Achmühlerstraße 1b, 6850, Dornbirn, Österreich/