[emanicslab] Suspicious Activity on EmanicsLab nodes host1-plb.loria.fr and host2-plb.loria.fr

David Hausheer hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 18 18:59:23 CET 2013

Dear EmanicsLab users,

we have some suspicious activity ongoing on EmanicsLab nodes
host1-plb.loria.fr and host2-plb.loria.fr

Since those of you addressed explicitly in the Email header are running
experiments including those nodes, I would like to understand if the
traffic originates from any of your slices.

Thus, please take a look at the attached log file, and let me know if
the hostnames are familiar to you. It may also be that one of your
slices has been hacked, in which case we would need to disable it.

Thus, please inform me as soon as possible if

a) you know that your slice IS the source of those connections
b) you know that your slice is NOT the source of those connections
c) you don't know (your slice may be hacked)

Thanks you and best regards
David

--
Prof. Dr. David Hausheer

Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Information Technology

Rundeturmstr. 10, Building S3/20, Room 225
64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 16 4280
Fax: +49 6151 16 6152
E-Mail: hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de