[emanicslab] EmanicsLab Update

David Hausheer hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Aug 3 23:34:52 CEST 2014

Dear EmanicsLab users,

last Friday, 1.8. I was finally able to upgrade the EmanicsLab server to
a new Fedora 20 based version, which seems to fix the 100% CPU problem
(keeping our fingers crossed...) and some other issues we experienced
since the last update (thanks a lot to Thomas and Guilherme for their
support on short notice during the Swiss holiday!)

In the meantime, we have already successfully reinstalled one UZH node
and the two UniGE nodes. The remaining nodes will be reinstalled as soon
as possible (I will be in contact with the respective PIs).

My sincere apologies to all those of you who have basically been unable
to use EmanicsLab to the the experienced problems. Thanks a lot for your
patience!

Besides reinstalling the nodes, there are still some minor details to be
fixed on the server (e.g. Ganglia) but those are less urgent.

I will keep you posted about the progress.

Best regards
David

--
Prof. Dr. David Hausheer

Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Information Technology

Rundeturmstr. 12, Building S3/19, Room 3
64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 16 4280
Fax: +49 6151 16 6152
E-Mail: hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de