[emanicslab] EmanicsLab Migration - www.emanicslab.org offline tomorrow - node reinstallation starts next week

David Hausheer hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Mar 13 18:45:12 CET 2014

Dear EmanicsLab PIs and users,

along the next few days and weeks EmanicsLab will be migrated to the
newest version. The benefit will be that the slivers will run within LXC
(Linux containers) and will support a more recent Fedora version.
Another benefit is that each sliver will have its own (natted) private
IP address, while still being able to bind services to the node's public
IP address.

Tomorrow, we will migrate the www.emanicslab.org website as a first
step. That means you will not be able to create new slices or add new
users etc. However, existing slices will continue to run on the nodes.

Next week, we will start migrating the nodes one by one. At that point
the nodes and slices will need to be completely *reinstalled*. All data
will be *removed* from the nodes.

- EmanicsLab users please *backup* your slices before the
re-installation takes place (we will announce the re-installation of
individual sites on rather short notice)

- EmanicsLab PIs please stay tuned for instructions to reinstall your
nodes, beginning next week (I will send a separate email for this).

P.S. This will *not* affect the UniGE nodes, which already run the new
EmanicsLab version. In any case, it is always necessary to keep
*backups* of your own data, since EmanicsLab doesn't give any guarantees
for the data persistency, which is under the users own responsibility.

Best regards
David

--
Prof. Dr. David Hausheer

Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Information Technology

Rundeturmstr. 10, Building S3/20, Room 225
64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 16 4280
Fax: +49 6151 16 6152
E-Mail: hausheer at ps.tu-darmstadt.de