[emanicslab] [emanicslab-member] IPv6 support in EmanicsLab

Juergen Schoenwaelder j.schoenwaelder at jacobs-university.de
Thu Mar 20 14:28:37 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 04:21:02PM +0100, David Hausheer wrote:
> Dear Guilherme
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
> Regarding IPv6: this is great news, thanks for sharing it!
>
> Thus, all partners may add the respective IPv6 tags, if their nodes
> have access to IPv6:
>
> 1. Select My Site Nodes
> 2. Select the respective node (e.g. emanicslab1.csg.uzh.ch)
> 3. Select the respective node interface
> 4. Choose Tag "ipv6addr" and set the IPv6 address in the value field
> 5. Choose Tag "ipv6_defaultgw" and set the IPv6 gateway

Cool. The emanicslab2 node at Jacobs is now reachable via IPv6 as
well. Would be cool if one could provide an IPv6 prefix to the node
and then the node would simply radv the prefix via the internal
switch. No crappy translations just plain IPv6 routing. OK, I may be
dreaming.

> Unfortunately, we don't know yet how to enable IPv6 support within
> the slices (its not enabled by default), but Guilherme will
> investigate it. I hope it will be possible.

Yes, and I would hope it is really really simply and not via some
strange translation mechanism. ;-)

/js

--
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany